Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why I (almost) wanted to give up blogging



Blogging has been my life. It has been my way of expression... my outlet. It has kept me company since I was left on my own.  I love blogging, to say the least. Friends who really knew me know what blogging means to me.

But I wanted to stop. Not just rest, but stop totally... and permanently.

Somehow, I lost my blogging zest. I am even having a hard time just starting this post.

When I started blogging back in 2008, it was like I finally found what I wanted to do in my life... and that is to write. Finally I was doing something that I was really enjoying.

Lately, however, it’s not fun anymore. It was frustrating, really.

First, I lost my free-hosting. Fine, you cannot have your free ride forever, but the feeling of being dropped off abruptly, without any warning and even without any explanation why, makes me feel that I do not deserve to be respected enough to be given courtesy.

Then, one by one, I am losing my domains because I cannot renew them anymore. I do not have enough resources to keep them. In fact, I am already contemplating in giving up The Struggling Blogger too.

I’m done! It’s all over!

I’ve had my share of the blogging limelight. I guess that was enough for me. It was good while it lasted.

Am I really ready to give up blogging? I thought I was. I do not have resources to pay for hosting, and I learned that taking a piggy-back ride for a blog host is not really safe. Nor can I maintain my domains too.

Yup! Saying sayonara to blogging is really an option.

I learned however that The Struggling Blogger will expire on December. No problem, I can just wait for that and let it remain idle.

However, I do not know why, but I found myself tweaking on my Blogger profile learning how I can host my domain there.

To cut the story short, I am here trying to keep my head afloat on the blogging tide.

It’s like starting all over again... this being the first post of The Struggling Blogger on Blogger.com

Whether or not this will go on beyond December, I cannot say at this point. I am not sure if I can pay for the renewal of my domain by that time. One thing I can say right now is that I will make good use of the time between now and the domain’s expiration useful – to revive the old, vintage, I-care-not-what-others-will-say style of writing... until I decide to stop again.



Note: If you think that the reason why I haven’t written anything for quite a spell was because  I wanted to give up blogging... you are right.


No comments:

Post a Comment